Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
What is the Justice Academy?
Career Pathways Justice Academy is a one year partnership program between Genesee Valley Educational Partnership and Genesee Community college for highly motivated high school seniors interested in investigating careers in the legal field. In addition to earning 15 college credits, students explore multidisciplinary legal professions through job shadows and internships at a variety of law enforcement and legal facilities.
How Do I Apply?
I’m Accepted, How Do I Register?
What Else Should I Know?
- Download our Information Packet
- Download our Brochure
- Students are responsible for payment of college tuition. Credit hour cost for academy students is currently $60 which is 1/3 of the regular GCC tuition rate.
- Students will receive a GCC ID and have access to college facilities including: computer labs, athletic facilities, library databases, and GCC email
- Field trips including Monroe County Crime lab, Genesee County Sheriff's Office and Court House, UB Law School, Hall of Justice, Federal Detention Center and full-access tour of Attica Prison.
- Job Shadows and Internships, including Genesee County Sheriff's Office, Law Enforcement Agencies, Law Offices, Judges, Probation offices, and Courts.
- Jump start your college career with 15 college credits: