Health Careers Academy
What is the Health Careers Academy?
Career Pathways Health Careers Academy is a one year partnership program between Genesee Valley Educational Partnership and Genesee Community College for highly motivated high school seniors interested in exploring the medical field as a career choice. In addition to earning 15 college credits, students investigate a multitude of health careers through job shadows and internships at a variety of related facilities.
How Do I Apply?
What Else Should I Know?
- Download our Information Packet
- Download our Brochure
- Students are responsible for payment of college tuition. Credit hour cost for academy students is currently $55 which is 1/3 of the regular GCC tuition rate.
- Students will receive a GCC ID and have access to college facilities including: computer labs, athletic facilities, library databases, and GCC email
- Job Shadow Rotations are available in hospital departments.
- All lab coats, college textbooks, and materials for the classroom and Biology labs are supplied.
- Classrooms as well as job shadows and internships are hosted at a number of professional sites across the GLOW region.
- Jump start your college career with 15 college credits: