Campus Centers and Online Learning
Campus Center and Online Learning students are a vital part of the college community, and the library is committed to providing resources, services and instruction to these students.
How we can help you:
- Contact us any time the library is open to get help via chat, email, or by phone
- Online Help and Tutorials cover how to cite your sources, library resources, and technology topics
- Do research for your classes: library databases, encyclopedias, online periodicals list
- If you find a search result that is not available through our library, request access via ILLiad Interlibrary Loan. It will be emailed to you!
- Search the GCC Library Catalog, below, for sources in the Batavia campus library. Use the Request for Pick-up link to hold circulating books for pick up in Batavia, or contact the library to explore the options.
- Reserve Books: Instructors may place GCC library (or other) materials on reserve at the library or at your Campus Center. You may use these items at the library or center, but they cannot be checked out. Ask at the Library Circulation Desk or your Campus Center office for details.
- Articles & Books: Search the Find It! box above, or on the library's homepage or use the Databases A-Z list. If you see the word "text", "full-text", or "Available Online" next to the article on your results list, you can simply print it out. If it is not available in full-text, use the Get Full-Text link to see if it is available in full-text in any of the library's other databases. If it is not, you can order the article for free through the library's ILLiad Interlibrary Loan service. The article will be delivered electronically to your ILLiad account and you will receive instructions via your GCC email account as to how to access it. Electronically delivered articles will be available to you for 30 days only. We suggest that you print out or download your article when you first view it as a safeguard against losing access later.
Books can be placed on hold for pickup at the Batavia campus, or contact the library to explore other options.
- E-book databases (all located under Databases) see EBSCOhost Ebooks, Gale eBooks, Salem Press Reference.
- E-book collections can be found here; also, public libraries in your home area might have digital library collections available to residents, for example, Owwl.org (Pioneer Library System serving Ontario, Wayne, Wyoming and Livingston counties.) Keep in mind that if you don't have a library card already, setting up access will be dependent on local library policies.
- New York Public Library: New York State residents can apply for a library card which will allow access to online collections.
- Brooklyn Public Library: New York State residents can apply for a library card which will allow access to online collections.