About the Library
Mission Statement: We cultivate learning and provide tools for discovery.
The Alfred C. O’Connell Library provides an excellent learning environment to foster student success:
- We're open 7 days a week during semesters, and our online library resources are available 24/7
- Librarians are available during all open hours to help students locate, evaluate and use information
- We provide 99 workstations loaded with all of the college's course-specific software
- We teach more than 240 hands-on information literacy classes per year
- Our Reserve Materials collection provides a large core collection of textbooks, science models, and laptops for in-library use
- Library programming and events engage students with college and community life beyond the classroom
- Over 89,000 volumes of circulating and reference print titles, eBooks, music CDs, and audiobooks are available
GCC’s library resources are available at no charge to the community as well as to students, faculty, and staff.