Visit our Student How-To Page for video tutorials on Purple Briefcase.
|Employer||Snyder Corp / Beaver Hollow Conference Center|
|Location||Java Center, NY|
|Rate / Salary||$9.00 + / hr|
QualificationsEducation & Experience:
1. Minimum 18 years of age
2. Two years experience in Banquet food service.
3. Knowledge of various food service styles (i.e. Buffet style, Family Style service, Cocktail).
4. Must have good understanding of the English language.
5. Good communication skills both written and verbal.
6. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
7. Compute basic arithmetic.
SkillsAbility to work in a fast paced environment. Able to work independently. Computer skills. Customer service skills. Detail oriented. Excellent communication skills. Excellent people skills. PC experience. Strong organizational skills.
DescriptionLead Server Job Description Position Reports to: President
Subordinate Staff: Servers and Bartender
The Lead Server provides leadership and direction to staff with exceptional attention to detail and guest services. Assists with the planning, organizing and execution of all banquet functions. Oversee set-up and clean-up of food service for all banquet functions. Supervises Food and Beverage service to ensure exceptional service throughout the banquet. Greets and welcomes clients in charge and anticipates all requests.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned functions:
- Detailed menu selections, major ingredients, appearance, texture, quality standards, garnish and method of presentation.
- Particular characteristics/descriptions of wines/champagnes ordered.
- Prices for specified selections on cash functions.
- Groups' names and background.
- Type of functions and expected attendance/guarantee numbers.
- Scheduled hours of service.
- Special requests/arrangements.
- Order of service, traffic flow in room.
- VIPs. Organize all assigned functions and complete preparation work in accordance to departmental standards.
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness.
- Retrieve linens/skirting required for designated functions and transport such to function area.
- Inspect the scheduled function area/room for cleanliness, working condition and proper furniture/equipment set up; rectify any deficiencies with respective departments.
- Meet with the Chef and Director of Sales to review scheduled group's menu and equipment requirements.
- Prepare station assignments for Banquet Servers according to group requirements and Conference Center standards.
- Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
- Assign stations and side work to Servers in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
- Conduct pre-function meeting with Servers and review all information pertinent to set-up and service of group.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies. Inspect table set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Check bar set-ups for cleanliness, organization and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; resolve any problems.
- Check buffet tables/receptions/coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness, and layout; ensure agreement with function order and departmental standards; resolve any problems.
- Ensure replenishment of items as specified on event orders and requested by group contact.
- Assist Banquet staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests
- Other duties as requested by management
- Direct the final breakdown of function room and clean up.
How to ApplyApplication deadline: 4/12/14
E-Mail Resume and Cover Letter to Snyder Corp / Beaver Hollow Conference Center, Christy Heineman, firstname.lastname@example.org. Send Resume and Cover Letter to Snyder Corp / Beaver Hollow Conference Center, Christy Heineman, 1083 Pit Rd . Java Center, NY 14082. Stop in and fill out an application for Snyder Corp / Beaver Hollow Conference Center, Christy Heineman, at 1083 Pit Rd Java Center NY 14082.
Return to Job Listings »