Library Account Information
You have several different accounts that you can use in the library to access information. Here is a description of each type and their uses:
- Network Account. Username and password provided by the college, delivered to you when you register for classes. You can sync this account with your myGCC account by using the password reset options once you've signed into myGCC. Use this account to:
- Sign on to Alfred C. O'Connell pcs
- Access the library's databases from a non-networked computer (e.g., a laptop, your home computer, a mobile device, etc.). More information.
- Create and manage your ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Account.
- Create free requests for items (books, articles, etc.) not available at GCC.
- If you are a campus center student, create free requests for items located on the Batavia campus, using the Campus Center Catalog.
- Track the progress of your requests.
- Library Catalog Account. This is your GCC ID barcode number, also known as your "800" number. Use this account to:
- Check to see what items you have checked out from the library
- Renew checked out items if they are able to be renewed
- Put a hold on an item that is checked out so that it will be saved for you when it is returned to the library.
- Email Account. Link to email located inside of myGCC. Use this account to:
- Check for ILLiad Interlibrary Loan notifications.