Dr. Stuart Steiner
Genesee Community College President Stuart Steiner announced on July 30, 2010 that he planned to retire from his position. Dr. Steiner served as president of Genesee from 1975 to 2011, and as a member of the College's staff from its founding to 2011. He served as Genesee's Dean of Students from 1967 to 1968, and Dean of Instruction/Executive Dean from 1968 to 1975. As of Spring 2011, he was believed to be the second-longest serving community college president in the United States.
Dr. Steiner became president of Genesee Community College in 1975.
Click on the image below for the May 12, 1975 student newspaper article
detailing his appointment.
- President Steiner Announces August 2011 Retirement (7/30/2010)
- Genesee Community College Board Chair Names Presidential Search Committee (9/14/10)
- Genesee Community College Board of Trustees Names Robert Parilla as Presidential Search Consultant (9/14/10)
- Sandstone Society Presents Genesee's Medina Campus with Sandstone Plaque (9/23/10)
- Ping-Pong with the President at Genesee Community College's Lima Campus Center (10/7/10)
- Award-Filled Weekend Winds Down for Genesee President Stuart Steiner (4/11/11)
- Genesee Community College Students Slate President Steiner to be 2011 Commencement Speaker (4/21/11)