All seven of GCC’s physical campus locations are closed. Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details.
Student Veteran Checklist
- Apply for Admission
- Complete the Free Application for Student Aid Your FAFSA application determines your eligibility for low or no interest student loans as well as state and other federal grants. Report any veterans benefits you will be receiving
- Compile all transcripts from previous colleges, high school and any military training
- Complete GCC’s ACCUPLACER Placement Test (if applicable)
- To request accommodations, please visit the Disability Services Webpage
- Complete & turn in Immunization Form
- Complete & turn in Certificate of Residence
- Consult an Academic Advisor & register for classes
- Consult with the GCC veteran’s Office about eligibility and use of benefits
- Apply for educational benefits
- FAFSA & TAP (GCC Federal Code: 006782) (GCC TAP Code: 2252)
- New York State Veterans’ Tuition Award
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® – Chapter 33 (Program Information)
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Chapter 30
*Be sure to Certify Your Benefits every month!
- Montgomery GI Bill® Select Reserve – Chapter 1606
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) – Chapter 31 (Program Information)
- Dependents’ Educational Assistance – Chapter 35
- Federal Tuition Assistance Program (Program Information)
- New York State Recruitment Incentive & Retention Program (RIRP/DMNA)
- Register for Orientation (not mandatory)
- Utilize Additional Services & Resources
- Fill out a Veteran Benefit Authorization Form before each semester!
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website here.