Transfer Agreements

Genesee Community College has different types of transfer agreements with a variety of four year institutions, allowing you to easily transfer after graduation. If you don’t see your program and/or institution, please contact Transfer Services to create your own personalized transfer plan.

SUNY to SUNY Advantage

As part of the SUNY to SUNY Advantage, students earning an A.A. or A.S. degree and who have been accepted into parallel programs at a four year SUNY campus will receive full junior standing. SUNY’s Transfer Paths are also a great resource for students who plan to transfer within SUNY and know what major they plan to pursue.

Articulation Agreement

An Articulation Agreement is an agreement between GCC and a four-year SUNY or private institution. It is designed to allow GCC students who complete an A.A. or A.S. (and some select A.A.S.) degree to transfer into the four-year college with full junior status.

Learn more about GCC’s Articulation Agreements and partner four-year institutions to determine if this path is right for you.

Transfer Pathway Programs

Sometimes referred to as Dual Admit or Joint Admissions, Transfer Pathway Programs are an exclusive group of 4-year institutions and designated programs that provide a unique method for transferring and completing a bachelor’s degree after earning an associate’s degree. This path allows for an early connection for a student who knows the exact program they wish to pursue with a participating Transfer Pathway School. Students must apply using the GCC Alternative Transfer Pathways Program Application.

These specialized programs are designed for first-time, full-time students who know what bachelor’s degree they want and from what four-year institution. Learn more about the Transfer Pathway Programs to determine if this course of action is right for you.