Reverse Transfer

Did you start your degree or certificate at GCC, but transfer to another institution prior to degree completion? You may still be eligible to complete your degree with Reverse Transfer. Reverse Transfer allows you to transfer credits that you have earned at other institutions back to GCC and apply them to your associates degree or certificate program. We will review your credits and if you’ve met the graduation requirements, we’ll grant your degree! There are two ways to go about Reverse Transfer.

SUNY Reverse Transfer

SUNY has made it easier than ever for you to Reverse Transfer and earn your degree from Genesee Community College. Simply submit a Reverse Transfer Request through SUNY’s online submission system and your transcripts will be shared between institutions. Allowing us to review your credits and determine if you are eligible to earn your associates degree or certificate. For more information or to submit a Reverse Transfer request please visit the SUNY Reverse Transfer Webpage.

Non-SUNY Reverse Transfer

If you have attended a Non-SUNY or private institution after leaving GCC you may still be eligible for Reverse Transfer. Please have an official transcript sent to Genesee Community College and contact our Transfer Coordinator at 585-343-0055 ext. 6230 or email transfer@genesee.edu to request a formal review of your credits for Reverse Transfer.