How Do I Transfer?

You should begin this process as soon as you begin your studies at GCC. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need help at any point in your transfer process.

1. Select a Transfer Institution and Degree

Decide which 4-year college or university you want to transfer to, and which program you would like to enroll in. You can also choose to follow one of GCC’s many articulation agreements or transfer pathways.

2. Fill out College Applications

SUNY Colleges

Complete the SUNY Application online.

Application Fee: The application fee is waived for up to seven SUNY colleges if you will have your degree by the time you transfer. Just select “Transfer Fee Waiver” as your payment options at the end of the application. If you don’t qualify for a “Transfer Fee Waiver”, you may qualify for a financial fee waiver for economic hardship or military service.

GCC College Code: 81
GCC CEEB Code: 2272*

Non-SUNY Public or Private Colleges

Many non-SUNY colleges have their own application on their website, visit their admissions page for information on how to apply. If you are applying to multiple non-SUNY colleges, you may find it useful to use the Common App.

3. Send Your GCC Transcripts

Complete a Transcript Request from our Records Office for each college. There is a $10 fee per transcript.

How to order an OFFICIAL transcript through myGCC

  1. Log in to your myGCC account.
  2. Select Banner Self-Service.
  3. Select Student Services.
  4. Select Student Records Information Menu.
  5. Select Request Official Transcripts.
  6. Follow the instructions to place a transcript order.

Reminder: Be sure to have a copy of your final transcript that shows you have EARNED YOUR DEGREE (if applicable) sent at the end of your final semester at GCC to the college you plan to attend.

If you are sending transcripts to multiple SUNY schools, you can have one official transcript (paper copy) sent to the following address and it will be distributed to all SUNY schools indicated on your SUNY application. This may take longer than sending them to the schools directly.

Application Services Center
SUNY System Administration
H. Carl McCall SUNY Building
353 Broadway
Albany, NY 12246

4. Send All Additional Supplemental Materials Requested

Your transfer institution may require additional materials for your application. These are some of the materials that may be needed.

  • College Transcripts - Contact the Registrar’s/Records Office at your previous college and request an official transcript be sent to your transfer institutions.
  • High School Transcripts - You may also need to send your High School Transcript, contact your HS Guidance Office
  • Test Scores – AP, CLEP, etc.
  • Supplemental Materials Requested by Institution – Program Application, Essay, Recommendations, etc.

5. Apply for Financial Aid/Scholarship

Be sure to complete or edit your FAFSA for the academic year for which you plan to transfer. Contact the Financial Aid or Admissions Office for your transfer institution and ask about scholarships available to you.

6. Follow Up with Your Transfer School

Once you’ve chosen your transfer school, follow up with them for next steps, including accepting an admission offer, paying your deposit and getting started.

7. Submit Your Immunization Records

You can view and print the Immunization Records you submitted to GCC in order to submit to your transfer school:

  1. Log in to your myGCC account.
  2. Select Banner Self-Service.
  3. Select Personal Information.
  4. Select Health Center Menu.
  5. Select Student Immunization Display.