Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
Alfred State Running Start
SUNY GCC and Alfred State have partnered to make sure students interested in earning a bachelor's degree in the following programs are prepared to seamlessly transfer.
- Business Administration
- Construction Management
- Criminal Justice
- Cyber Security
- Financial Planning
- Forensic Science Technology
- Health Sciences
- Human Services Management
- Information Technology Applications Software Development
- Information Technology Network Development
- Information Technology Web Development
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Sports Management
The Running Start Collaboration is for students who
- have completed SUNY GCC equivalent courses required in the first year of the Alfred State academic program in consultation with an Alfred State College Transfer Counselor*.
- have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for all courses taken
- are in good academic and disciplinary standing at SUNY GCC
Students enrolled in the Alfred State Running Start program and meet the above criteria are guaranteed admission into Alfred State College. Students who do not meet all of the above criteria will be evaluated for acceptance on a case-by-case basis. For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at 585-345-6800 or email email@example.com
* For admission to specific majors, students will need to meet departmental admissions requirements found in the Alfred State catalog.
* EOP applicants are not guaranteed a spot into ASC’s or GCC’s EOP program, but can still be admitted traditionally.
The guarantee of admission to Alfred State College will be honored for a two-year period after completing course work at SUNY GCC, provided the student does not register for courses at a third institution in the interim.
Students will NOT be penalized if they leave the agreement, transfer early, remain at SUNY GCC to complete an associate's degree, or apply to another institution.