Online Learning Complaint Procedures for Students Residing Outside of New York State

Genesee Community College desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. Students residing outside of the State of New York while attending GCC who desire to resolve a grievance should follow the College's student grievance procedure in the Student Handbook.

However, if an issue cannot be resolved internally, you can contact the New York State Department of Education. The Office of College and University Evaluation handles only those complaints that concern educational programs or practices of degree-granting institutions that are subject to the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, with the exceptions noted below.

  • The Office does not handle anonymous complaints.
  • The Office does not intervene in matters concerning an individual's grades or examination results, as these are the prerogative of the college's faculty.
  • The Office does not handle complaints concerning actions that occurred more than five years ago.
  • The Office does not intervene in matters that are or have been in litigation.

This statement is in compliance with U. S. Department of Education's Program Integrity Regulations related to State Authorization.