Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
Visit our Student How-To Page for video tutorials on Purple Briefcase.
How To: Post an Internship Opportunity for Business Majors
Thank you for your interest in sharing an internship opportunity with our business students! Our degrees within our business program are accounting, business administration, supply chain management, marketing & social media, economic crime investigation, entrepreneurship, fashion business (e-commerce, event planning, fashion design, and fashion merchandising management), and tourism and hospitality management.
We keep all of our business internship opportunities open to students year round. Students are then directed to check our job/internship posting system, Purple Briefcase, to look for all potential opportunities. They can then reach out to you via phone, email, or external link…however you prefer!
- Create or log into your Purple Briefcase Account (additional instructions below)
- Submit an Internship Opportunity (additional instructions below)
- Email email@example.com notifying us of the submission - This will prompt us to add the correct verbiage for our Business students to continuously access your opportunity
Create an Account
- Go to genesee.edu/career
- Select “Employer Services” from the left menu bar
- Click the “Create an Account Button”
- Complete the on-screen instructions
After you’ve created your account, you’ll need to request to connect with GCC
- Navigate to the “My Schools” page
- Scroll down to “Request Access”
- Select NY and then Genesee Community College
- Click on the “Request Connection” button
Within 3 days of receiving your request, you will receive a confirmation that we have approved your request.
Submit an Internship Opportunity
A database of current job and/or internship opportunities that are received in our office is maintained in Purple Briefcase. To submit a fulltime, part-time, per diem internship, co-op, summer or season position, you should:
- Log in to Purple Briefcase
- Navigate to "My Jobs"
- Select "Add a Job"
- Complete the form (select “internship” under “Job Types”) and select "save"
Within 3 days of submitting your job, Career Services will publish the posting for you.