Placement Testing - ACCUPLACER
Placement test scores are required for all of our new incoming and transfer students for placement into Reading, English and Math classes. Students who have ACT, SAT or High School Regents scores on file in the Admission's office may be exempt from taking the College’s placement test. The ACCUPLACER placement test is free to students who complete their testing at a GCC campus.
The ACCUPLACER placement test is an untimed computerized test which will help you and your academic advisor select classes and plan an appropriate course of study. The tests are not used to determine admission to the college. Please see Admissions to receive your 800 number.
- Photo ID is required for testing
- No appointment is necessary
- ACCUPLACER testing is available at all Campus Centers
- Allow approximately 2 hours for completion of a placement test
- There is no charge for the test
- No handheld calculators allowed
- Scratch paper will be provided
- The ACCUPLACER exam may only be taken twice
You will receive your results immediately after you complete your test session.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. Please notify Justin Berg, Disability Service Coordinator at (585) 343-0055 x6273.
If you would like your placement test scores sent to different institutions, please fill out a release form and send it back to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail.