As new alumni initiatives continue to grow, the need for volunteers increases. Not only will your efforts benefit students and the College, but you will also have opportunities to reconnect with fellow alumni.
- Alumni Speakers Bureau – Alumni volunteers will be available to speak to classes, clubs, and organizations on a variety of topics and areas of expertise. You will be able to share your insights during a lecture series, workshop, or panel discussion.
- Career Connections – Sit on a panel of alumni experts returning to talk about their GCC education, further educational endeavors, and their chosen career field. Students will have an opportunity to ask questions of panel members. One evening will be scheduled for alumni career panels in various fields to meet with students.
- Phonathon - Leaders are needed for two annual phonathons. Each fall and spring, we contact GCC alumni and friends to raise money for our Annual Fund. This is a fun way to re-connect with fellow alum, exchange information and provide an opportunity for people to financially support GCC
- Data Updates and Mailings – Assist with updating addresses, phone numbers and email address of some of our alum.
- Events – Assist in planning an event from conception to completion for fellow alumni and friends.
- Class or Affinity Group Representative - If your bond to GCC involves a team, club or group other than your class year, and you would like to facilitate their reunion, the Alumni Office can help. We can provide names, phone numbers and addresses of these former friends, as well as assist in coordinating an on-campus reunion.
To volunteer, please contact us.