As an alumni, you can play a major role in guiding students toward being successful both academically and professionally.
Cougar Connect is a mentor network program supported by the Career Services and Alumni Affairs offices. This program connects students to professional alumni to provide educational experiences which promote intellectual and social growth. This is accomplished by:
- Facilitating networking opportunities for current students and alumni
- Providing a database of mentors as a resource for career planning and educational needs
- To facilitate greater access to professional resources
- To reduce social distance and provide exposure to different community and workplace cultures
- To allow alumni to maintain or increase engagement with the college
- To impart professional and/or alumni knowledge, experience, and expertise to current GCC students
- To increase student retention by developing a student’s intrinsic motivation to achieve
Our goal is to create a mutually beneficial relationship for all parties involved in Cougar Connect in order to further our institution’s goal of educating the community. Becoming a Mentor today!