Genesee Community College

Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.

New Student Enrollment Checklist


The first step is to Apply to GCC! We operate on a rolling admission plan: applications are reviewed as they are received, and decisions are typically made within two weeks of our receipt of your transcripts and application.


Proof of high school graduation or equivalency is needed for acceptance. Please send the following (if applicable) to the Admissions Office:

  • Official high school transcript
  • If you have Advanced Placement (AP), you need to request the scores to be sent to us from College Board
  • A copy of your GED
  • Official transcripts from any college attended

Financial Aid

GCC offers a number of opportunities to save or earn money towards college. Last year we helped students obtain more than $15 million in aid for education. Visit our Financial Aid Office for additional information on filing your FAFSA as well as available scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study positions to help you pay for college.

Additional Admissions Requirements for Restricted Majors

If you are applying for a restricted major, such as Nursing, please be aware that there may be additional admissions steps and requirements. Please visit the website of the restricted major which you are interested in for more information.


If you have not taken the ACT test, you must take Genesee Community College’s Accuplacer placement test, which is free of charge. The Placement Test can be taken at the Batavia Campus or any campus center.


Proof of Adequate Immunization against measles, mumps and rubella is required of anyone born after 1956, who is enrolling for six or more credit hours. Students who do not provide such proof may be dropped from registered classes in accordance with New York State health law. All students registering for six or more credit hours must complete and return a meningitis response form. It is NOT necessary to have the meningitis vaccine. Those who fail to comply with these New York State laws will be prohibited from attending classes. 

Certificate of Residence

To qualify for New York State resident tuition, you must submit to the Student Accounts a Certificate of Residence for each academic year. Application forms are available in the Student Accounts Office or at your county treasurer’s office. Certificate of Residency must be completed no sooner than 60 days before the start of the semester and no later than the 3rd week of your first semester of classes. After that date, you will be charged double tuition fees.

Advisement/Register for Classes

All accepted new students will attend a New Student Registration Session at the Batavia Campus or make an appointment at a campus center to register for classes. Placement testing must be completed before registering for classes. Readmit and transfer students may make an appointment with an Student Success Coach or Campus Center Advisor.


Tutoring (academic assistance) is available for students at the Batavia Campus and at all campus centers. 


If you have a disability and would like accommodations, please contact Access and Accommodation Services for assistance.

Tuition Payment

Tuition payment for fall is due the first week in August. Tuition payment for spring is due the first week in January. GCC also offers a tuition payment plan. You may enroll online via your myGCC account. If you have any questions regarding your tuition bill, you may contact the Student Accounts Office. GCC has the right to cancel your class registration if payment or arrangements have not been made prior to the due date. Once your classes are dropped, you will be able to re-register for open classes after payment arrangements have been made.

Student ID

Your student photo identification card is free of charge and available at the Student Activities Office (Batavia Campus) or at any campus center. ID cards are necessary for general identification, student activity events, to take exams in the Testing Center, to check out books or equipment in the library, and to use College campus computer labs.

Parking Sticker

It is highly recommended that any student taking classes at the Batavia Campus obtain a parking sticker, free of charge, at the Public Safety Office. There is designated parking for students with disabilities and students driving motorcycles. Students with disabilities must obtain a New York disabled person parking permit from their town clerk’s office.


Textbooks may be ordered and paid via mail, ordered by phone with a Visa or MasterCard, through a campus center, or purchased at the Bookstore at the Batavia Campus.