The GCC Foundation
About the Genesee Community College Foundation
Together, we can create our future.
That simple belief has guided the Genesee Community College Foundation since its formation in 1985. By combining the volunteer efforts, financial support, and deep passion of committed people, we help Genesee Community College and many hundreds of students every year.
By building and strengthening Genesee Community College, and investing in the lives of our students today, we secure a bright future for our communities and for generations to come.
- Excellence. We recognize and encourage academic success at Genesee Community College, and provide financial support for our community’s academically talented students.
- Access. We help provide a Genesee Community College education to all Genesee, Livingston, Orleans, and Wyoming County students facing financial and personal hardship through no fault of their own.
- Vitality. We promote study in fields critical to the economic growth of business and industry in our region.
- Involvement. We provide avenues for alumni, stakeholder, and community involvement in the College.
- Capital. We help provide capital resources that foster superior education and service to our students.
What We Do
The GCC Foundation …
- Receives funds through our volunteer-driven annual fund raising campaign, special fund raising events, and thoughtfully-planned bequests and deferred gifts.
- Manages Donor-Designated Funds (more than 150 of them) through a rigorous investment program.
- Provides careful Stewardship of all funds entrusted to us, and ongoing communication with our supporters and community about our work.
- Expertly manages Foundation-owned property and Foundation-sponsored services to students, including College Village, our student residence.
- Disburses funds through a thoughtful planning and grant-making process.
Inspires generosity and volunteerism. Read Inspiring Reflections and Stories from the GCC Foundation.
- Service to Genesee Community College, our students, our many supporters, and our communities
- Generosity of time, talent, and treasure
- The highest ideals of citizenship
- Commitment to our neighbors, our communities, and future generations
- Belief in the power of every person to make a difference
The Genesee Community College Foundation is a New York State charitable corporation, and contributions to the Foundation are tax-exempt to the fullest extent of federal and state law.
The Foundation is organized to receive, invest, manage, and disburse your gifts in the most effective and meaningful way possible.