Business Idea Pitch Competition
Deadline For Submissions: March 30, 2018
Date of Competition: April 19, 2018
Most Likely to Succeed
- Winner - $100
- Runner up - $75
- Winner - $100
- Runner up - $75
How To Sign Up
- Participants must submit an Executive Summary no later than Friday, March 30th to compete in the PITCH Competition
- Email Lina LaMattina at email@example.com to request the Business IDEA Pitch Canvas Template
- Fill in the components outlined in the GCC & START-UP GENESEE Business IDEA Pitch Canvas template and email it back to Lina. This will be considered your Executive Summary.
In preparation for your PITCH:
- Create a Tri-fold foam board presentation of your PITCH elements – and bring it with you to your PITCH presentation
- OPTIONAL – if it helps you stay focused when delivering your pitch, you can create a power point presentation of your PITCH. Bring it on a flash drive so you can easily access it the day of the PITCH.
- Practice your PITCH! ALL PITCHES are limited to a maximum of 3-5 minutes
- Join us for some FREE PITCH coaching (and pizza) on Thursday, April 12th from 12:30-2pm in the Conable Technology Building, Room T122 (Batavia Campus).
- If you plan to attend this FREE session, please RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Day of the PITCH REQUIREMENTS:
- Bring your Tri-fold foam board presentation of your PITCH elements
- Arrive EARLY! Make sure to arrive at the Conable Technology Building, T102 at least 5 minutes before your chosen Presentation Round is scheduled to begin.
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them” said Walt Disney.
Walt Disney certainly pursued his passion and his entrepreneurial spirit led to the creation of the Disney enterprise. Do you have a passion you’d like to turn into a business but you aren’t sure if anyone else will think it’s a good idea? Consider participating in a Business Idea Pitch Competition! You could even earn a cash prize!
The first-ever local Business Idea Pitch Competition will be held Thursday, April 19, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to noon in the Conable Technology Building at the Genesee Community College’s Batavia Campus. The deadline for competitors to register is Friday, March 30, 2018. Registration requires the participant to submit an Executive Summary of their business idea and attendance at the Creativity Conference (held on February 28, 2018) or at least one of the prep workshops listed below. Participating high school students are not required to attend a workshop. The competition is limited to 15 participants who will be selected based on their Executive Summary submissions and announced on April 5, 2018. Stay tuned for the Executive Summary criteria and submission instructions.
The GCEDC has donated cash prizes which will be awarded at the pitch competition on April 19, 2018. Pitches will be judged by members of the Startup Genesee Committee.
To help participants pursue their passions and take their first entrepreneurial steps, GCC will host three preparation workshops led by Sam Campanella of the Small Business Development Center.
- Starting a Business – Thursday, March 8, 2018 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. in room T122
- Business Plan Basics – Thursday, March 22, 2018 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. in room T121
- Idea Pitch Preparation – Thursday, April 12, 2018 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. in room T121
These workshops are free and open to the public; you do not have to be participating in the Business Idea Pitch Competition to attend these workshops.
To sign up for a workshop, please contact Amy Conley, associate professor of Accounting and Business at email@example.com.
Event sponsors and supporters of the Business Idea Pitch Competition include Tompkins Bank of Castile/Insurance Agencies, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust, Del Plato Casey Law Firm, LLP, Freed Maxick, Lawley Insurance, and Mancuso Commercial Realty.