All seven of GCC’s physical campus locations are closed. Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information
In support of the recent guidance of New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo, the physical campus of Genesee Community College, including all Campus Centers and locations, are closed.
Joining our existing remote instruction, the remaining college operations will also be conducted via remote environments. We know that this development raises many questions, and we appreciate your patience as we work with internal and external directives to give clarity wherever possible.
College Village residents will be receiving separate communications from the Dean of Students office, containing specific guidance on the status of residence halls. College Village residents are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org with concerns or questions.
Because this is a rapidly-evolving situation internally and externally, guidance will be continually provided by this site (Genesee.edu) and your GCC email account.
Steps GCC is taking in support of the Governor's message include:
- Classes have resumed via remote delivery (online learning) and will continue online through the end of this semester
- Campus buildings will be closed
- College Village residents are encouraged to email email@example.com with concerns or questions.
- GCCA Childcare Center is closed until further notice
- RCCA Fitness Center is closed until further notice
- RCCA Field House Walking Hours are cancelled until further notice
- Pool closed until further notice
- Gymnasium closed until further notice
- GCC Barnes and Noble College Bookstore is closed, online only fulfillment until further notice
- Library will be closed Virtual access available here
- All activities from the Office of Student Engagement & Inclusion, including events, programs, and travel are cancelled until further notice. Clubs/organizations can still meet but only through online platforms (i.e., zoom)
- All Campus Centers (Albion, Arcade, Dansville, Lima, Medina, & Warsaw) are closed
We are regularly reviewing the latest guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, New York State Department of Health, and the State University of New York.
Additional Resources for Consideration:
The information on this page was last updated on 4/6/20 at 9:12 a.m.