Student Health Center
The GCC student Health Center located in B109 (just behind the cafeteria in the "B" Building), is staffed Monday through Friday by a Registered Nurse. Hours of operation vary with the college calendar.
IMMUNIZATION & MENINGITIS REQUIREMENTS
New York State Public Health Law 2165 now requires all students attending New York State colleges and universities to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps and rubella. Full-time and part-time students, registered for 6 credit hours or more, must show proof of immunity prior to the start of classes. Persons born before January 1, 1957 are exempt from the requirement. Please review the NYS Department of Health Guidelines for more information.
Also, all students registering for 6 or more credits must complete and return a Meningitis Response Form. It is NOT mandatory to receive the meningitis vaccine. (Part B of the Immunization Form)
Proof of immunity, in accordance with these requirements, is a condition of registration and continued class attendance. Proof of immunity is:
- Measles: TWO doses of live measles vaccine given after 1967; the first dose given after 12 months of age; the second dose given at least 28 days after the first dose or a blood test showing immunity.
- Mumps: one dose of live mumps vaccine given after 1968 and after 12 months of age or a blood test showing immunity.
- Rubella: one dose of live rubella vaccine given after 1968 and after 12 months of age, or a blood test showing immunity.
- Meningitis: a signed meningitis response form indicating the date of the shot within the last 5 years or declination of the meningitis shot. (Part B of the Immunization Form)
Students, who have proof of at least one valid measles, mumps or rubella vaccine should go to the local Health Department or doctor for a second dose of measles or MMR vaccine.
All immunization information should be submitted directly to the Health Center. Please be sure that all documents are properly identified with your current name, date of birth and your Student ID number. Copy of immunization record from your doctor is acceptable.
(requires Adobe Acrobat Reader).
You can reach us at:
GCC Health Center
1 College Road
Batavia, NY 14020
SERVICES AVAILABLE (ALL ARE CONFIDENTIAL)
- Basic First Aid.
- Promotion of health and wellness. Current literature is available to all students.
- Private area available for breast pump use.