Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
Move-In Day Info
IMPORTANT NOTICE :
In order to be in compliance with local and state restrictions, residents must follow these expectations:
1. You must sign-up for a Move-In Time Slot (a link will be emailed to you on August 1st)
2. You may only bring 1 person to assist you with moving-in
3. You must wear a face mask for all of move-in day.
4. If you arrive on campus outside of your time slot, you will be asked to wait off campus until it is safe to move-in.
- New Resident Move-In Day & Orientation
- Returning Resident Move-In Day
- International Student & Athlete Move-In
- Housing Assignment & Roommate Info
- What to Bring to College Village
New Resident Move-In Day
Saturday August 29, 2020
What you will need to have with you at check-in:
- Photo ID (Drivers’ License, High school ID or Passport)
- Your GCC 800#
- Bring your license & registration to get your FREE parking pass
Sunday August 30, 2020
Residents planning to return to campus must submit a new Housing Contract by May 1st to receive Priority placement and choose their housing assignment for the Fall. Contact our office at 585-343-0163 or email CollegeVillage@genesee.edu to ensure you are all set to return to campus.
International Student & Athlete Move-In
Housing Assignment & Roommate Info
Detailed instructions for Move-In Day will be emailed to you through your GCC email account along with your Housing Assignment & Roommate information. If you have issues accessing your GCC email, contact the Student Success Center for assistance by calling 585-345-6805 or emailing SSC@Genesee.edu to ensure your account is active.
Failure to complete housing materials (Housing Contract, $250 deposit, Housing Preference, and any GCC processes) prior to Move-In or arriving outside of your assigned time listed in your Housing Assignment email will cause complications and may add significant wait time to your move-in experience. If you are uncertain of your application status or have questions about move-in day, contact our office via email at CollegeVillage@genesee.edu or call us at 585-343-0163 for assistance.
What to Bring to College Village
All apartments are fully furnished including bedrooms, living room, full bathroom, and full kitchen. Here is a list of recommended supplies students will most likely need for the academic year: What & What Not to Bring to College.
BREAKS: Residents may leave their possessions in the apartment over Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring Breaks but are NOT permitted to leave possessions over the Summer. If you require Summer storage, we recommend making arrangements with a local storage facility. See the Breaks & Closings page for more information
College Village is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. It is recommended that each resident purchase renters insurance.