Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
If you are interested in being a part of the program, please discuss your options with your publisher and your bookstore manager. If the publisher of your current materials is listed below then you will be able to use those same materials. If they are not listed, we can start the conversation with them to see if they’re willing to participate, and if not we can provide you with resources to find other materials with participating publishers.
Why should you consider participating in First Day?
- 61% of college students nationwide reported that they were not prepared for the first day of class*
- 40% of GCC students reported that they did not have their course materials on the first day of class**
- Cost is the #1 reason why students chose not to purchase textbooks*
- 95% of new students at GCC said they are interested in access to course materials at a lower price bundled with tuition**
Participating Publishers Include:
- Cengage Learning
- Hawkes Learning
- Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Macmillan Higher Education
- McGraw-Hill Education
- Oxford University Press
- Sage Publishing
- Vista Higher Learning
- BNC OER+
The following are key dates and deadlines for the First Day Program
- March 1: Faculty deadline to sign up upcoming Summer course for First Day participation
- May 1: Faculty deadline to sign up Fall course for First Day participation
- September 15: Faculty deadline to sign up Winterim/Spring course for First Day participation