Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
Information Technology Academy
What is the Information Technology Academy?
Career Pathways Information Technology Academy is a one year partnership program between Genesee Valley Educational Partnership and Genesee Community College for highly motivated high school seniors interested in exploring the world of Information Technology as a career choice. In addition to earning 16 college credits, students explore multidisciplinary information technology professions through on-site observations at a variety of related facilities.
How Do I Apply?
I’m Accepted, How Do I Register?
What Else Should I Know?
- Download our Information Packet
- Download our Brochure
- Students are responsible for payment of college tuition. Credit hour cost for academy students is currently $60 which is 1/3 of the regular GCC tuition rate.
- Students will receive a GCC ID and have access to college facilities including: computer labs, athletic facilities, library databases, and GCC email
- The college course work combined with the hands on activities will allow students to gain valuable insight into the IT industry.
- Students will participate in job shadows and/or internships.
- Jump start your college career with 16 college credits: