Agri-Business Careers Academy
What is the Agri-Business Academy?
Career Pathways Agri-Business Careers Academy is a one year partnership program between Genesee Valley Educational Partnership (Batavia Campus only) and Genesee Community College for highly motivated high school seniors interested in exploring the agri-business field as a career choice. In addition to earning 15 college credits, students investigate a multitude of careers in the field through regular field trips, job shadows and internships at a variety of related facilities. Learn why agriculture is the number one employer in our counties.
How Do I Apply?
What Else Should I Know?
- Download our Information Packet
- Download our Brochure
- Students are responsible for payment of college tuition. Credit hour cost for academy students is currently $55 which is 1/3 of the regular GCC tuition rate.
- Students will receive a GCC ID and have access to college facilities including: computer labs, athletic facilities, library databases, and GCC email
- Field trips and guest speakers including but limited to dairy farm, greenhouse operation, crop farm, agriculture financial services institution, feed mill, equipment dealer, veterinary clinic, DEC, Soil and Water conservation district, Dairy Food Processor.
- Job Shadows and Internships at the local Agri-businesses.
- Jump start your college career with 15 college credits: