Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
Accelerated College Enrollment
ACE Programs is a partnership between Genesee Community College and Western New York high schools to provide college courses to secondary students during the school day. These programs offer accelerated high school students the opportunity to enroll in college level courses and to earn college credits from Genesee Community College while still in high school. Our goal is to enhance the high school learning experience and prepare students for the transition to college and career.
ACE programs offer several advantages over traditional articulation agreements, including greater flexibility and transferability to other colleges and universities. Completion of GCC credit courses has given hundreds of students a head start on their college career. For this semester alone, we anticipate students will save over $300,000 in future tuition costs. Our program also strengthens ties between high school and college faculty.
ACE Programs consist of:
Program benefits include:
- Students are able to avoid repeating some freshman year courses, thereby obtaining a head start on a college career.
- Students are challenged and motivated by demanding courses during their junior and senior years.
- Students are provided with additional educational opportunities at their home school.
- Students have the opportunity to experience some requirements of college life including class selection, registration and utilizing college facilities.
- Students pay a lower tuition rate (approximately 1/3 of regular tuition) than traditional Genesee Community College students.
Contact us for more information.