Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
Admission to the Honors Program
Candidates for the Honors Program demonstrate evidence of exemplary academic achievement. On average, students obtain a combination of:
- A high school average of 87
- An ACT combined score of 24 with no subscore lower than 21
- A combined SAT score of 1000 with no subscore lower than 450
- Completion of 12 hours of study at an accredited institution of higher education with a QPI of 3.5
- And/or approval of the Honors Committee.
Applying to the Program
To apply, you must submit an Honors Program application to the Program Committee, which contains the following:
- A written statement explaining:
- Why you should be considered for the program
- A significant accomplishment. The accomplishment may include, but is not limited to, a work of art, an award, essay, musical composition, scientific experiment, speech, or other evidence of leadership.
- Two letters of recommendation:
- From an individual who works or has worked with you in an academic setting
- From a person outside the classroom who is not a relative
- A completed application to GCC or a current college transcript.
Admission to the Honors Program is selective and limited. All applicants will be reviewed, and you may be invited to an informational interview with representatives of the Honors Committee. You should be prepared to discuss your accomplishments, academic interests, and plans as related to the program.
Garth Swanson, Coordinator of the Honors Program, for more information and an application form.
- Phone: 585-343-0055 x6291
- Email: GPSwanson@genesee.edu