Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
GPP for Seniors Graduating High School
Who is Eligible?
Every Genesee, Livingston, Orleans or Wyoming County June 2021 or January 2021 graduating high school senior is eligible to receive a scholarship covering the cost of tuition for one or two summer 2021 courses at GCC.
This also includes students in Chesterton Academy of Buffalo, Young Women's College Prep, Royalton Hartland, Pioneer, Springville, Holland, Wayland-Cohocton, Honeoye Falls-Lima, Lima Christian, Akron, West Valley, Fillmore, Rush-Henrietta, Wheatland Chili, Churchville Chili, Bloomfield, Brockport, Ellicottville, Franklinville and Barker Schools.
- GLOW area homeschool students who have graduated between January 1 – June 30, 2021 are eligible for a GPP scholarship.
- ACE students outside the GLOW area who are graduating in January 2021 or June 2021 are eligible for a GPP scholarship.
- Students who live in the four-county GLOW service area who earned a GED in 2021 are eligible for a GPP scholarship.
- GPP Scholarship funding is available for either Summer Session. Placement testing may be required to qualify for courses with prerequisites.
Full Summer Session and First 5 Week Session: June 18, 2021
Last 5 Week Session: August 2, 2021
- Student must complete and mail, fax or email in the one-page GCC Promise Plus Scholarship Application
- Completed forms can be emailed to email@example.com
- Student must apply and register online
- It is highly recommended that the student submit a high school transcript
- Transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must come from the student’s high school
- Transcripts may be used in place of the Accuplacer placement test to meet prerequisites
- Student must complete the Residency Form
- Parental approval/signature is required if under 18 years of age
- It is recommended that all GPP Seniors/Graduates meet, virtually or in-person, with a GCC advisor or a Campus Center associate on an individual basis to ensure eligibility. It should be noted that all GPP seniors are non-matriculated students for summer.
- GPP Senior/Graduate can select up to two courses (either 3 or 4 credit hours) for a total of 8 credit hours.