Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
GPP For New Adult College Students
Who is Eligible?
Any adult student who received a GED prior to May 1, 2021 or graduated high school in December 2020 or earlier from any Genesee, Livingston, Orleans or Wyoming County school or from Chesterton Academy of Buffalo, Young Women's College Prep, Royalton Hartland, Pioneer, Springville, Holland, Wayland-Cohocton, Honeoye Falls-Lima, Lima Christian, Akron, West Valley, Fillmore, Rush-Henrietta, Wheatland Chili, Churchville Chili, Bloomfield, Brockport, Ellicottville, Franklinville and Barker Schools is eligible to receive a scholarship covering the cost of tuition for one summer 2021 course at GCC.
- GPP Adult Students must be a new college student. Adult Promise Plus students cannot have transferred from any other college or university, readmitted from GCC from prior enrollment, or be a continuing GCC college student.
- GPP Scholarship funding is available for any on campus Summer Session course
- Students who live in the four-county GLOW service area who earned a GED Diploma and never attended college before are eligible for one free summer course, regardless of age.
- GPP recipients are also eligible to enroll in GCC’s Online courses.
- Placement testing may be required to qualify for courses with prerequisites.
- GPP Adults students must register for Summer and Fall admission. (GCC Admission application is FREE.)
Full Summer Session and First 5 Week Session: June 18, 2021
Last 5 Week Session: August 2, 2021
- Student must complete and mail, fax or email in the one-page GCC Promise Plus Scholarship Application
- Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student must apply and register online
- It is highly recommended that the student submit a high school transcript
- Transcripts can be emailed to email@example.com and must come from the student’s high school
- Transcripts may be used in place of the Accuplacer placement test to meet prerequisites
- Student must complete the Residency Form
- Parental approval/signature is required if under 18 years of age
- It is recommended that all GPP Adult Students meet, virtually or in-perons, with a GCC advisor or a Campus Center associate on an individual basis to ensure eligibility. It should be noted that all GPP Adults are non-matriculated students for summer.