GPP For New Adult College Students
Who is Eligible?
Any adult student who received a GED prior to May 1, 2019 or graduated high school in December 2018 or earlier from any Genesee, Livingston, Orleans or Wyoming County school or from Royalton Hartland, Pioneer, Springville, Holland, Wayland-Cohocton, Honeoye Falls-Lima, Lima Christian, Akron, West Valley, Fillmore, Rush-Henrietta, Wheatland Chili, Churchville Chili, Bloomfield, Brockport, Ellicottville, Franklinville and Barker Schools is eligible to receive a scholarship covering the cost of tuition for one summer 2019 course at GCC.
- GPP Adult Students must be a new college student. Adult Promise Plus students cannot have transferred from any other college or university, readmitted from GCC from prior enrollment, or be a continuing GCC college student.
- GPP Scholarship funding is available for any on campus Summer Session course
- Students who live in the four-county GLOW service area who earned a GED Diploma and never attended college before are eligible for one free summer course, regardless of age.
- GPP recipients are also eligible to enroll in GCC’s Online courses.
- Placement testing may be required to qualify for courses with prerequisites.
- GPP Adults students must register for Summer and Fall admission. (GCC Admission application is FREE.)
Application Deadline: June 21, 2019
- Student must apply and register online
- Student must complete the one-page GCC Promise Plus Scholarship Application
- Completed forms can be mailed-in or dropped off at any GCC Campus Center
- Student must submit high school transcript
- Student must complete the Residency Form
- All GPP Adult Students should meet with a GCC advisor or a Campus Center associate on an individual basis to ensure eligibility. It should be noted that all GPP Adults are non-matriculated students for summer. (Come see us and we will explain!)