Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
Definitions of Course Modalities at GCC
- In Person
- The course is taught at a specific location on a specific day and time.
- Online (Not at scheduled times, or 'Asynchronous')
- The course is taught fully online with a flexible schedule as directed by the instructor. (Proctored exams may be required.)
- Online (At scheduled times, or 'Synchronous')
- This course is taught fully online but must be accessed virtually on specific days and times as directed by the instructor.
- Online (Some scheduled times required, or 'Partially Synchronous')
- This course is taught fully online, with some of the work required of the student accessed virtually on specific days and times, as directed by the instructor.
- The course is taught at a specific location on a specific day and time (as with in-person classes), but part of the course is also completed online.
- This course can be done online or in-person, or through a combination of online and in person. Students may also complete all or part of the in-person component of the course using “zoom” or similar technology from any location.