Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) GCC Response Information for details on current operations.
Start-Up New York
Genesee Community College is a full participant in the Start-Up New York Tax-Free Areas to Revitalize and Transform Upstate NY program, a state-wide initiative introduced by Governor Andrew Cuomo in 2013 to encourage potential business developments on or within one mile of each of the State University of New York’s 64 campuses. The program offers new business ventures tax-free status to both the company and to new employees for up to ten years.
Like other SUNY institutions, GCC has designated proposed space for potential Start-Up New York projects that will create new jobs and opportunities that are associated with the College’s academic curriculum. While citing GCC’s Mission and the College’s 2013-2018 Strategic Plan, GCC’s Start-Up New York program lists the following academic programs that could potentially align with different business proposals:
- Business Administration
- Food Processing
- Computer Information Services: Computer Support and Operations, Computer Systems and Network Technology & Web Design
- Healthcare: manufacturers of medical equipment or technologies
- Supply Chain Management
The following seven locations, on or adjacent to GCC or within Genesee or Livingston counties, have been designated as having the most immediate potential for new business ventures. 25 parcels and three indoor facilities are available.
- The GCC Batavia Campus (One College Road, Batavia, NY 14020) in Genesee County features five parcels of flat land with 34.7 acres that can be built upon.
- GCC’s Dansville Campus Center (31 Clara Barton Street, Dansville, NY 14437) in Livingston County consists of 19,678 square feet of primarily classroom or open space, as well as offices and a cafeteria with kitchen area. As the former Middle School for Dansville Central School District, the facility is in good physical condition and is currently functioning as an education facility.
- The Upstate MedTech Park (99 MedTech Drive, Batavia, NY 14020) and two rooms within the Dr. Bruce A. Holm Upstate MedTech Center are located across the street from GCC’s Batavia Campus. There are four parcels totaling 15.9 acres of flat land that can be built upon and 2,413 square feet of space inside the building.
- The Genesee Valley Agri-Business Park (Ag Park Drive, Batavia, NY 14020) in Genesee County has five parcels of flat land with 50.34 acres that can be built upon.
- The Western New York Science, Technology and Advanced Manufacturing Park or STAMP (Routes 63 & 77, Alabama, NY 14013) in Genesee County has one parcel of flat land with 138.3 acres that can be built upon.
- The Dansville Industrial Park (North Main Street, Dansville, NY 14437) in Livingston County has three parcels of flat land with 123.55 acres that can be built upon.
- The Crossroads Commerce Park (Tec Drive, Avon, NY 14414) in Livingston County has seven parcels of flat land with 71.17 acres that can be built upon.
For information about GCC’s designated areas and program, please contact:
Dr. Kate Schiefen
Provost and Executive Vice President
For further information on the qualifications for the Start-Up NY program and the application process, visit their website here.