Student Health Center
The GCC student Health Center located in B109 (just behind the cafeteria in the "B" Building), is staffed Monday through Friday by a Registered Nurse. Hours of operation vary with the college calendar. When the office is closed, (evenings, weekends, and vacations) students may contact security if an emergency arises.
IMMUNIZATION & MENINGITIS REQUIREMENTS
New York State Public Health Law 2165 now requires all students attending New York State colleges and universities to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps and rubella. Full-time and part-time students, registered for 6 credit hours or more, must show proof of immunity within 30 days of the start of classes. Persons born before January 1, 1957 are exempt from the requirement.
Also, all students registering for 6 or more credits must complete and return a Meningitis Response Form. It is NOT mandatory to receive the meningitis vaccine.
Proof of immunity, in accordance with these requirements, is a condition of registration and continued class attendance. Proof of immunity is:
- Measles: TWO doses of live measles vaccine given after
1967 and after 12 months of age, or physician documentation of measles disease
or a blood test showing immunity.
- Mumps: one dose of live mumps vaccine given after 1968
and after 12 months of age, or physician documentation of mumps disease, or
a blood test showing immunity.
- Rubella: one dose of live rubella vaccine given after1968
and after 12 months of age, or a blood test showing immunity. (Physician documentation
is not acceptable proof of immunity against rubella.)
Students, who have proof of at least one valid measles, mumps or rubella vaccine should go to the local Health Department or doctor for a second dose of measles or MMR vaccine.
- Meningitis: a signed meningitis response form indicating the date of the shot or declination of the meningitis shot.
All immunization information should be submitted directly to the Health Center. Please be sure that all documents are properly identified with your current name and your Student ID number.
(requires Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- Immunization Form 223 KB
- Meningitis Response Form 44 KB
- Meningitis Fact Sheet
- Medical Release Form 24 KB
- GCC Physical Form 388 KB
You can reach us at:
GCC Health Center
1 College Road
Batavia, NY 14020
fax: 585-345-6816-attn. Health Center
SERVICES AVAILABLE ( ALL ARE CONFIDENTIAL )
- Basic First Aid
- Health Education- awareness of current health issues, prevention of disease. Promotion of health and wellness are emphasized. Current literature is available to all students.
- Provide information regarding mandatory accident insurance. Students are encouraged to carry a comprehensive medical plan.
- Assist eligible students to complete and process accident insurance claims.
- Evaluation of medical conditions and immunization status, if needed: referral to off-campus clinics and physicians when necessary. (Transportation to off-campus clinics is the responsibility of the student.)
SERVICES FOR STUDENTS WITH MEDICAL CONDITIONS
Students who have medical conditions should advise the Health Center staff as soon as possible. The center can assist students in planning for their college experience and make referrals for other services available within the college and the Batavia area.