As a Criminal Justice professional, you will enjoy satisfying careers in a growing field. The work is exciting and fulfilling, offering the opportunity to help others on a daily basis.
Imagine being able to protect others from harm, preserve law and order, and help bring criminals to justice every day! As a skilled, productive criminal justice professional, you could play a key role in curbing violence and maintaining the safety of our citizens.
Did you know that the Criminal Justice program can be completed online?
- Criminal Justice AS (100% can be completed online)
- Criminal Justice AAS (100% can be completed online)
- Criminal Justice CERT (100% can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!
At GCC, your education focuses on a strong liberal arts background similar to the first two years of many Criminal Justice programs offered by four-year colleges and universities. In addition to the general education requirements, you will also pursue a core curriculum of Criminal Justice courses.
After getting your GCC degree, some occupations you may consider are:
- Business Intelligence Analysts
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Compliance Managers
- Correctional Officers and Jailers
- Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Teachers, Postsecondary
- Document Management Specialists
- Emergency Management Directors
- Financial Examiners
- Fire Inspectors
- Fire Investigators
- First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
- First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
- First-Line Supervisors of Protective Service Workers, All Other
- Forensic Science Technicians
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- Information Security Analysts
- Information Technology Project Managers
- Intelligence Analysts
- Investment Fund Managers
- Loss Prevention Managers
- Police and Sheriff's Patrol Officers
- Police Detectives
- Police Identification and Records Officers
- Police Patrol Officers
- Private Detectives and Investigators
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Security Managers
- Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs
- Transit and Railroad Police
Please contact our Career Center for more information.
Starting at GCC saves many students and their families thousands of dollars in tuition. With an A.S. or A.A. degree you will be able to seamlessly transfer within the SUNY network of 64 college and universities as well as to many 4-year private institutions. GCC's A.S. and A.A. programs were developed as part of the SUNY seamless transfer initiative allowing students to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree as a freshman and a sophomore at a community college, then seamlessly transfer to a SUNY four-year institution to earn a bachelor's degree. Please reference the SUNY Transfer Pathways for degree programs to learn about any campus specific requirements. Visit the SUNY Core Course Finder to plan out the courses you should complete to transfer to a 4-year SUNY School.
If you are planning to transfer to a 4-year private institution you should work with our Transfer Services office to learn about possible articulation agreements and pathways that exist for many or our degree programs. Some GCC A.A.S. programs also have transfer opportunities.
To learn more about these opportunities and agreements contact the Transfer Services Office, we are more than happy to work with you and answer any questions you may have on building your own personalized transfer plan.
Transfer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Argosy University*
- Canisius College
- Niagara University
- Roberts Wesleyan
- St. John Fisher College*
- SUNY College at Albany
- SUNY College at Brockport
- SUNY College at Canton
- SUNY College at Buffalo*
- SUNY College at Oswego
*GCC has current transfer agreements with the above noted institutions.