Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the List below or use Search for a class by Title.
Career Educational Planning Courses:
CEP101 - Career and Educational Planning
Catalog Description: Prepares students to develop a greater understanding of career and educational opportunities. Includes self-assessment, goal-setting, and decision-making skills as related to the career development process. Successful completion of the course enables students enrolled in the Individualized Studies degree program to complete their mandatory educational plan. Recommended for student desiring guidance to develop a customized career and educational plan. Not open to students who have successfully completed CEP102.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Prepare a personal career or educational plan.
2. Reflect on one's own educational and career goals.
3. Prepare a resume.
4. Prepare a personal statement that can be used to apply for a job or transfer to a baccalaureate institution.
5. Prepare a cover letter that can be used to apply for jobs.
6. Apply advanced technological and information management skills for career and educational development.
7. Apply workplace competencies, foundational skills and qualities relative to career choice(s).
Effective Term: Fall 2019