Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the List below or use Search for a class by Title.
THE256 - Field Study Placement
Catalog Description: Introduces students to professional practical experience in production and/or performance aspects of theatre in an off-campus setting. Prerequisites: THE 101, THE 103, THE 106.
Lecture: 8 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon successful completion of this course as documented through writing, objective testing, case studies, laboratory practice, and/or classroom discussion, the student will be able to:
1.*Analyze the student actor/technician's skills utilizing a skills rubric; successfully audition/interview for a theatre company; and participate in a performance/technical role in the production.
2.Memorize a script and break it into a series of beats/objectives.
3.Create a portfolio of work and demonstrate its significance by pictures and videos.
4.Record a journal of the student actor/technician's experience in this project.
5.Discuss in writing the process the student actor/technician used in completing the project.
6.Critically analyze the outcome of the project.
* This course objective has been identified as a student learning outcome that must be formally assessed as part of the Comprehensive Assessment Plan of the college. All faculty teaching this course must collect the required data and submit the required analysis and documentation at the conclusion of the semester to the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.
1. Pick and prepare a project the actor/technician could work on for the semester.
2. Prepare audition material or a portfolio required to attain the position.
3. Prepare the role for the stage/tech (lighting, set, sound).
4. Perform the role.
5. Finish the technology project.
6. Critique the performance/technical support on the production.
Effective Term: Spring 2013