Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the List below or use Search for a class by Title.
Office Technology/Secretarial Courses:
OFT260 - Desktop Publishing
Catalog Description: Introduces desktop publishing including creating and editing single-page and multi-page publications, using wizards, commercial printing considerations, editing text colors and design objects, personal information sets, logos, to create flyers, newsletters, brochures, logs, calendars, and web pages. Covers business forms, business cards, invoices, fax covers, tables, web forms for e-commerce, and object linking and embedding. Prerequisites: OFT102 and CIS116.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and skills:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of basic desktop publishing terms by creating professional quality publications suitable for course work, professional purposes, and personal use by scoring at minimum of 70% on semester projects.*
2. Create and edit business forms and business cards with 96% accuracy on semester exercises.
3. Create multi-page publications flyers, newsletters and web pages with 96% accuracy on semester exercises.
4. Create brochures, invoices, fax covers, and calendars with 96% accuracy on semester exercises.
5. Prepare quality, business publications with 96% accuracy on unit projects.
* This course objective has been identified as a student learning outcome that must be formally assessed as part of the Comprehensive Assessment Plan of the college. All faculty teaching this course must collect the required data and submit the required analysis and documentation at the conclusion of the semester to the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.
1.Creating and Editing a Publication
a.Create an Advertising Flyer
b.Editing Text in a Publication
c.Printing a Publication
2.Designing a Newsletter
3.Prepare a Tri-Fold Brochure
a. Brochure Forms
4.Personalizing and Customizing a Publication with Information Sets
5.Creating Business Forms and Tables
a.Creating Business Forms and Tables
c.Creating a Fax Cover
Effective Term: Fall 2012