Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
MAT122 - Technical Math 2
Catalog Description: Emphasizes solutions to systems of linear equations, solutions and applications of quadratic equations, laws of sines and cosines, graphs of trigonometric functions, complex numbers, exponential and logarithmic functions, linear inequalities, and direct and inverse variation. Prerequisite: MAT121 with a grade of C or higher.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Solve a system of equations using various methods (graphing, substitution, addition, determinants).
2. Solve quadratic equations using various methods (factoring, taking square roots, completing the square, quadratic formula, graphing).
3. Solve oblique triangles using the law of sines or law of cosines as needed.
4. Graph various forms of two-variable equations (lines, parabolas, exponential or logarithmic functions, trigonometric functions) as directed.
5. Graph complex numbers.
6. Perform operations on complex numbers in either polar or rectangular forms.
7. Solve equations involving exponentials or logarithms as required.
8. Solve variation equations as required.
Effective Term: Fall 2019