Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
HON202 - Honors Seminar 2
Catalog Description: Serves as a unifying experience for all students in the Honors Program by providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and pursuit of thought at a more advanced level of a particular theme or topic. Students deliver presentations focusing on the designated theme, Honors Program mentoring and enriched course projects. Students may attend plays, exhibitions, and/or participate in other activities. Required each semester a student is enrolled in the Honors Program. Prerequisite: Admission to the Honors Program or with permission of the Honors Program Committee and the instructor.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Apply interdisciplinary connections to a specified theme.
2. Conduct independent research on a specified theme that culminates in the development of presentable findings.
3. Develop an effective (organized, well-designed, thoroughly-researched, properly documented, etc.) presentation on a specified theme.
4. Deliver a presentation using effective oral communication skills.
5. Develop goals in pursuit of advanced academic success.
Effective Term: Fall 2019