Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the List below or use Search for a class by Title.
First Year Experience Courses:
|FYE100 - Foundations of Academic Success|
Catalog Description: Presents techniques that help students cope successfully with the demands of college. Enlarges the student's awareness of self with respect to academic and personal goals, and assists each person to gain the necessary skills to succeed in college.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Student Learning Outcomes (CSLOs):
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate college readiness through the use of effective study skills and campus resources.
2. Apply basic technological and information management skills to develop an academic success plan.*
3. Demonstrate the use of critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems and draw conclusions.
4. Demonstrate basic awareness of self in connection with academic and personal goals.
5. Identify and demonstrate knowledge of the implications of choices related to wellness.
6. Demonstrate basic knowledge of cultural diversity.
* This course objective has been identified as a student learning outcome that must be formally assessed as part of the Comprehensive Assessment Plan of the college. All faculty teaching this course must collect the required data and submit the required analysis and documentation at the conclusion of the semester to the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.
Identify and Explore Campus Resources
Practice Study Skills
Introduction to Career Development
Health and Wellness
Effective Term: Fall 2015