Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Fashion Merchandising Mgmt Courses:
FBM210 - Fashion Industry Technologies
Catalog Description: A hands-on application of technology and software used in the Fashion Industry for production of apparel. Select the design, apply to software, and plan cost-effectiveness in the production of the garment. Course will use 2-D and 3-D software: commercial OptiTex, or Gerber AcuMark, and personal Bernina MyLabel. Students must provide their own supplies. Fall only.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Use selected fashion software at an introductory level.
2. Create a virtual model from a basic avatar to aid in garment design.
3. Identify the most effective application of at least one software option in the fashion industry.
4. Apply a garment design rendering to a virtual model that can be saved and re-used.
5. Apply a three-dimensional design rendering to flat pattern layout as used in the industry utilizing a computer-generated file.
6. Describe how computer technology enables the production of garment from design to manufacturer.
Effective Term: Fall 2019