Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Fashion Merchandising Mgmt Courses:
FBM115 - Principles of Textiles
Catalog Description: Examines natural and man-made fibers, yarns, fabric construction, color application, finishes, performance and maintenance. Spring only.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Identify a minimum of 15 different fabric constructions (fibers, weaves, bonds, knits and knots).
2. Discuss important factors (the hand of the fabric) when selecting textiles for various uses.
3. Define and describe the general characteristics of fibers.
4. Identify textile laws and regulations, especially with regard to the care of textile products and consumer safety.
5. Discuss fashion sustainability issues with regard to (environmental equity and economic impact).
Effective Term: Fall 2019