Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ENG192 - Technical Writing 2
Catalog Description: Builds on the technical communication knowledge and experience gained in ENG 106. Focuses on the research, organization and presentation of usable information in the specialized fields of students taking the class. Considers audience/user needs, information design, visual forms, process explanations, proposals, projects, reports and Web document design for computer systems and network technology, drafting, engineering. Develops critical thinking skills through analysis of conventions specific to the fields mentioned above applied in document design. Use of computers required. Prerequisite: ENG 106
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Discuss specialized technical writing conventions for documentation.
2. Apply a variety of technical writing conventions for specialized or field-specific documentation needs.
3. Create usability rubrics for upper-level or field-specific document testing.
4. Apply specialized document usability rubrics to preexisting professional or upper-level technical documents.
5. Compose a variety of technical documents addressing the requirements of student-identified field/profession for intensive practice.
6. Demonstrate effective cross-disciplinary collaborative skills.
Effective Term: Spring 2020