Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ENG091 - Grammar and Paragraph Mastery
Catalog Description: Catalog Description: Develops student mastery of basic grammar and paragraph writing: capitalization, sentence structure, word level skills, punctuation, and paragraph development and cohesion. Placement in this course is determined by College placement and proficiency requirements. Computers may be used, but prior computer knowledge is not necessary. This class carries institutional credit but cannot be applied toward any degree or certificate program.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Plan and draft paragraphs with attention to the aims of written discourse.
2. Revise paragraphs with attention to the aims of written discourse.
3. Write complex sentences incorporating conventions of sentence writing strategies.
4. Craft complex sentences incorporating conventions of punctuation and mechanics.
5. Develop a structured paper using the stages of the writing process.
6. Identify the various modes of discourse
7. Craft pieces of writing applying various modes of discourse.
Effective Term: Fall 2019