Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Creative Problem Solving Courses:
CPS101 - Introduction to Creative Problem Solving
Catalog Description: Develops individual creative potential. Focuses on the interactive elements in deliberate creativity and innovation: the creative person, the creative process, the creative product, and the creative environment. Emphasizes application in personal and professional settings.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Explain theoretical creative problem solving process principles.
2. Reframe the problem from multiple perspectives to improve creative thought processes
3. Apply a variety of brainstorming tools to generate innovative and creative approaches to solve a problem.
4. Evaluate various approaches to the solving of a problem using pragmatic measures.
5. Identify characteristics of the creative person.
6. Identify a personal creative cognitive style and describe how it manifests in everyday life.
7. Identify the characteristics of the creative environment.
8. Discuss the impact of environment on the creative person.
9. Discuss the intentional application of the creative process to the solving of a problem.
Effective Term: Fall 2019