Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Computer Information Systems Courses:
CIS113 - Web Publishing
Catalog Description: Introduces the techniques, skills, and tools used to publish and manage a website. Develops the skills needed for publishing a simple web page and introduces HTML coding; builds on these authoring techniques and introduces other topics such as web design, web project management, and web maintenance; and acquires skills to build a maintainable web project. Prerequisite or Corequisite: CIS 102 or higher or ART 209.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Create a web page utilizing HTML5 elements and attributes on a remote server
2. Update a web page utilizing CSS3 to apply styles to html elements on a remote server
3. Add images to a web page while optimizing the file and screen size of the image (jpg, gif, png) on a remote server
4. Create internal and external web links on a web site located on a remote server
5. Upload content to a remote server using File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
Effective Term: Fall 2019