Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the List below or use Search for a class by Title.
Career Educational Planning Courses:
CEP100 - Surviving and Thriving in College
Catalog Description: Develops a greater understanding of college success strategies. Includes college policies and procedures, stress and time management techniques, and decision-making strategies. Upon completion of the course students will learn how to successfully "navigate" their college experience, set goals and objectives, and create an academic plan. Prerequisite: None.
Lecture: 1 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Identify programs or services that are utilized to help foster a commitment to higher education.
2. Describe a variety of important College policies and procedures.
3. Discuss the contents of a syllabus.
4. Design a four- or six-semester academic plan that delineates courses needed for graduation.
5. Advise existing students on such matters as how to stay focused, manage time, handle stress or take care of themselves so they can succeed in college.
6. Navigate college website sufficiently as to be able to register for classes
7. Develop personal goals or objectives
Effective Term: Fall 2019