Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Business Administration Courses:
BUS219 - Business Topics Seminars
Catalog Description: Explores the solutions to business case problems, utilizing creative thinking skills and data to make managerial decisions. Fall only. Prerequisite: Successful completion of 24 credit hours in business.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Conduct intermediate level fashion business research (target market, industry, trend).
2. Create a buying plan based on previous and predicted information.
3. Create an assortment plan based on previous and predicted information.
4. Describe the logistics of going to market
5. Explain the fundamental elements of private label or product development.
6. Utilize critical thinking skills as part of a situational analysis.
7. Discuss characteristics job applicants develop to become more employable.
8. Compare and contrast successful business professionalsâ personality and character traits to their own.
Effective Term: Fall 2019