Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the List below or use Search for a class by Title.
Business Administration Courses:
|BUS217 - Cooperative Education|
Catalog Description: Introduces students to first-hand experiences in business operations. Students are placed in positions relative to their career and academic objectives. Prerequisite: Successful completion of 24 credits or by instructor approval. Contact instructor directly.
Course Student Learning Outcomes (CSLOs):
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Observe and critique industry professionals in the workplace as documented by a minimum of 10 journal entries.
2. Successfully perform all responsibilities assigned during a 150- to 240-hour field experience, as documented by a final evaluation completed by the field supervisor.*
3. Demonstrate appropriate conduct in the workplace as documented by a 4- to 6page self-critique paper.
4. Develop a minimum of three new skills necessary effective functioning within the workplace as documented by a minimum of 10 journal entries.
5. Demonstrate effective communication skills as documented by a final evaluation completed by the field supervisor.
* This course objective has been identified as a student learning outcome that must be formally assessed as part of the Comprehensive Assessment Plan of the college. All faculty teaching this course must collect the required data and submit the required analysis and documentation at the conclusion of the semester to the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.
Effective Term: Fall 2017